Give your tyres some air
Driving on insufficiently-inflated tyres makes driving more unsafe, consumes more fuel, makes more noise, and damages the environment. This is reason enough to give your tyres some extra air. By ensuring you have the correct tyre pressure:
- you can save money, up to €100 per year.
- you drive more safely.
- your car emits less CO2, thus improving air quality.
Right Tyre Pressure campaign
We are jumping into action together with the Stichting Band op Spanning foundation and other partners in South Limburg for more environmentally-friendly car use. At various locations, car tyres will be given a little extra air. You can then drive home safe in the knowledge that you have the correct tyre pressure. This saves on fuel and reduces your car's CO2emission, giving you a good feeling for doing the right thing!
- 25 November 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM: in P5 of the MECC Maastricht for visitors of Jumping Indoor Maastricht
- 27 November 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM: at Brightlands Chemelot Campus Sittard-Geleen for staff (at P5 and car park 180)
- 12 December (times will be added shortly): Johnson Matthey (Beatrixhaven)
- 15 December 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM: for all visitors to P+R Maastricht Noord
- 20 December 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM: for all visitors to P+R Maastricht Noord
- 15 April 2019 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM: WML
- 14 and 15 May 2019: Limburg Leads
- 24 May 2019 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM: for all visitors to P+R Maastricht Noord
More dates will be added, so keep an eye on this website.
Schedule a regular tyre check in your diary to make sure you're always driving safely and at the right tyre pressure. That way, you'll save on fuel costs and reduce your CO2emissions. We would be happy to help by scheduling a calendar entry in your diary.
Who can make use of this campaign?
Motorists can indicate at the locations and times listed above whether they want to make use of the Right Tyre Pressure campaign. Taking part is easy: simply place the flyer that you receive as you enter the car park in a visible spot on the dashboard of your car. When you return to your car after work or visit, your tyres will be at the correct pressure. Please note: some campaigns are open to the public while others are exclusively for employees of the relevant organizations.
In the new programme for 2019, Maastricht Bereikbaar will also focus on future-oriented driving for a better climate. In the autumn of 2019, the Right Tyre Pressure campaign will be our main focus. The more motorists participate, the less CO2 we will emit. We will also be promoting electric cars. You can read more here about our first Lease to e-lease promotional campaign. Check whether your employer is affiliated with Maastricht Bereikbaar to take part in this campaign.
Maastricht Bereikbaar has been committed to achieving smart and sustainable mobility since 2010. We mainly encourage travellers to make more use of bicycles, e-bikes, public transport, and P+R and work together with employers, mobility service providers, knowledge institutes, and government authorities to achieve this.