Weekend closure A79 postponed to 27 – 30 May
The planned weekend closure of the A79 (29 April - 2 May) has been postponed. Due to the poor weather forecast for the coming weekend, the planned resurfacing works will be moved to the back-up weekend: Friday evening 27 May - Monday morning 30 May. Traffic will flow as normal along the A79 in both directions. Due to the rescheduled roadworks, the Maastricht Bereikbaar offers and promotions are also rescheduled for Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 May.
A79 weekend closure
- From 20:00 Friday 27 May until 06:00 Monday 30 May the A79 towards Heerlen/Aachen will be completely closed from the Kruisdonk interchange through to Exit 1 at Bunde.
- Onramp 1 at Bunde will remain open.
- Traffic travelling from Maastricht towards Heerlen/Aachen will be rerouted via the A2 and the A76.
- Traffic travelling towards Maastricht will not be disrupted. P+R Maastricht Noord will also remain accessible.
Travel smart and inexpensively!
During the weekend closure of the A79 on Saturday 28 May and Sunday 29 May, Maastricht Bereikbaar is offering great alternatives to travelling by car:
- Travel return by bus no.50 (Vaals/Aken-Maastricht) and 51 (Brunssum-Maastricht) for the cost of just one ticket (€6 or €8.50 to Aachen) with a maximum of two adults and four children (up to 12 years).
- Travel by train for €2 on the Sittard-Maastricht Randwyck, Eijsden-Maastricht and Kerkrade Centrum-Maastricht Randwyck lines.
You can find more information about the A79 weekend closures and the various offers at www.maastrichtbereikbaar.nl/a79.
Going by car?
Going to travel by car anyway? Be aware that there will be detours and delays of up to 30 minutes. Check our Smart Map for the live traffic situation and the best places to park your car. You can park for free at P+R Maastricht Noord on Hoekerweg (accessible via exit 52 on the A2 and exit 1 on the A79). You can travel onwards from the P+R by the no.100 shuttle bus to town for just €1 return per person.
Please note: works are dependent on weather conditions
Whether the repair works planned for 27-30 May will go ahead or not is dependent upon the weather conditions at that time. In the event of poor weather, the construction works and the corresponding discount offers will then move. The decision regarding the repair works will be made a few days prior to the initial planned works. The live schedule can be found on our website.
You can read more about the planned works at www.a2maastricht.nl/a79.