Offers during the A2 weekend closures on 8-11 April
In April 2016 the motorways to the north of Maastricht will be resurfaced. The A2 towards Eindhoven and the A79 towards Heerlen will be closed from the Kruisdonk interchange for a whole weekend. Below are the details regarding the closures and corresponding offers.
A2 weekend closure: 8 April - 11 April
- The A2 towards Eindhoven between the Kruisdonk interchange and Exit 51 (Meerssen) will be completely closed from 20:00 Friday evening 8 April until 06:00 Monday morning 11 April.
- Exit 51 at Meerssen will remain open. Exit 52 at Maastricht-Noord will close.
- Traffic travelling from Maastricht towards Eindhoven will be rerouted via the A79 and the A76.
- Traffic travelling towards Maastricht will not be disrupted.
Travel smart and inexpensively!
During the weekend closure of the A2 on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 April, Maastricht Bereikbaar is offering great alternatives to travelling by car:
- Travel by train for €2 on routes Sittard-Maastricht Randwyck, Eijsden-Maastricht and Kerkrade Centrum-Maastricht Randwyck.
- Travel return by bus no.50 (Vaals/Aachen-Maastricht) and 51 (Brunssum-Maastricht) for the cost of just one ticket (€6 or €8.50 to Aachen) with a maximum of two adults and four children (up to 11 years).
You can find more information about the A2 weekend closures in April and the various offers at www.maastrichtbereikbaar.nl/a2
Going by car?
Going to travel by car anyway? Be aware that there will be detours and delays of up to 30 minutes. Check our Smart Map for the live traffic situation and the best places to park your car. You can park for free at P+R Maastricht Noord on Hoekerweg (accessibly by exit 52 on the A2 and exit 1 on the A79). You can travel onwards from the P+R by the no.100 shuttle bus to town for just €1 return per person. For drivers travelling back to the A2 towards Eindhoven, there will be a detour in place at onramp 51 at Meerssen.
Please note: works are dependent on weather conditions
Whether the repair works planned for 8-11 April will go ahead or not is dependent upon the weather conditions. In the event of poor weather, the construction works and the corresponding discount offers will then move to the back-up weekend. The decision regarding the repair works will be made a few days prior to the initial planned works. The live schedule can be found on our website.
A79 Weekend closure
The A79 towards Heerlen will be closed during the last weekend in April. Maastricht Bereikbaar will of course be offering great discounts on alternative travel. You can find out more about these offers at
You can read more about the planned works at www.a2maastricht.nl/a2-a79