Name change of Cabergerweg car park to Frontenpark
In the past year, the final major works for the Noorderbrug infrastructure project were completed. This has renewed the infrastructure in and around Maastricht-West and changed the routes to and from this side of Maastricht.
As a result of all the changes to the road network in area around Noorderbrug bridge, the entry to the Cabergerweg car park has been moved onto Frontensingel. As a result, the name P Cabergerweg is no longer suitable for the current situation. The car park will therefore be renamed P Frontenpark on 15 March. Both the Frontenpark car park and the Sphinx car park are now only accessible via the entrances and exits at the Frontensingel. View the aerial photo complete with routes.
In recent years, the Municipality of Maastricht changed the signposting to this redeveloped area near Noorderbrug bridge, which is now called Sphinxkwartier district.
Area in development
During the coming period, the Sphinxkwartier district will continue to undergo development regarding living and working areas. On March 7, the furniture and lifestyle shop Loods 5 opened its doors in the old factory buildings of the Sphinx. If you would like to visit Loods 5, please follow our travel tips:
- A visit to the Sphinxkwartier district, and therefore Loods 5, is easy to combine with a visit to the centre of Maastricht. You can park at the edge of the city, at P+R Maastricht Noord, and travel cheaply to and from the city centre for €2 per person. (group rate 3-5 persons €5) with bus number 10. Alight at the front door of the Loods 5 shop at the Boschstraat/Maagdendries bus stop. To travel back to P+R Maastricht Noord, get on the bus at the Boschstraat/Markt bus stop.
- The area is also easily accessible by bicycle and shared bicycle. There are plenty of bicycle parking facilities to park your bike and a Nextbike station to park your Nextbike on Boschstraat.
- If you are coming by public transport, you can board one of several bus numbers that are run by Arriva and get on at the Boschstraat/Maagdendries stop or take either an Arriva Nextbike or OV-fiets shared bicycle from the train station.
- If you travel by car, you can park at either Sphinx or Frontenpark car park, which is located near Loods 5. To see the parking rates, please have a look at our website.
- For the current opening hours of Loods 5, please refer to the website of the furniture shop.
Want to stay informed?
If you would like to stay informed about developments in the Sphinxkwartier district, then follow the Facebook page 'Sphinxkwartier Maastricht' or visit the website www.sphinxkwartier.nl.