André Rieu concerts
The Vrijthof will once again be in the international spotlight as it hosts the world renowned summer concerts conducted by André Rieu and his Johan Strauss Orchestra. The Vrijthof will be full of festivity from Friday 3 July until Sunday 5 July, and from Thursday 9 July until Sunday 12 July. Just as in previous years, the whole square will be in use as an event area and there will of course be special measures in place to ensure disruption is kept to a minimum.
From 16:30 on 3, 4, 5 July and 9, 10, 11 and 12 July the north/south access to/from the Vrijthof and Bredestraat will be closed to all traffic (except pedestrians). In addition, the surrounding streets will be closed to traffic (except pedestrians) from 17:00. The Vrijthof will be completely closed from 17:30-02:00. Only those pedestrians holding a valid ticket, access pass or arm band will be able to access the enclosed area between 17:30-00:30.
Where are the barriers?
- Post 1: corner of Hondstraat - Witmakerstraat/Cortenstraat
- Post 2: corner of St. Jacobsstraat – Papenstraat
- Post 3: corner of Henric van Veldekeplein – St. Servaasklooster
- Post 4: corner of St. Servaasklooster - Keizerkarelplein
- Post 5: corner of Statenstraat – Grote Gracht
- Post 6: corner of Helmstraat – Grote Gracht
There will be traffic wardens at every barrier in order to ensure everything runs smoothly. The route via Witmakersstraat, Kapoenstraat, towards St. Jacobstraat, Papenstraat, Bouillonstraat and towards Lenculenstraat will remain open to local traffic.
- Calvariestraat, Kommel, Statenstraat, Helmstraat and Bredestraat must remain clear between 17.00 and 02.00 as routes for the police and emergency services. Parked cars will be removed.
- The Vrijthof parking garage will only be accessible to pass holders after 18:00 from the Kommel, Oude Tweebergenpoort, St. Servaasklooster and Vagevuur. Exiting the garage will be possible via the routes leading to Henric van Veldekeplein-Bouillonstraat.
More information about parking in Maastricht can be found here: www.maastrichtbereikbaar.nl/parkeren.
Concert goers and onlookers can park their bicycle in the general bicycle stands or bicycle parking areas in Maastricht. Opening times of the bicycle parking areas: Kesselskade until 02.30 and the Bat 24/7 open.
The council will remove all bicycles parked on the Vrijthof after 16:00 on the days when the concerts take place.
The council will take the bicycles and scooters to the Fietsdepot, Gerardusweg 39.
You can then pick up your bicycle on Monday between 12:00-17:00 or Thursday between 09:00-12:30.
Special event bicycle parking
Maastricht Council is organising extra bicycle parking on 4, 5, 11 and 12 July at the forecourt of Mosae Forum and Keizer Karelplein.
The Markt, Statenstraat and Bredestraat all have taxi stands. Taxis will be permitted to pick up concert goers along the theatre-side of the Vrijthof after 02:00.
The bus stops along the Vrijthof and Tongersestraat will be closed from 16:30 on Friday 3 July until Sunday 5 July and Thursday 9 July to Sunday 12 July. After 16:30 the buses will operate via the Markt. Traffic will operate as normal until 16:00 on concert days.
Go to www.andrerieu.nl or call Maastricht Council on 14043.