Accessibility during #4dagenGroeneLoper 29 March to 1 April
On 29 March between 11:15 AM and 12:00 noon, King Willem-Alexander will perform the symbolic opening of the Groene Loper (Green Carpet) at the Scharnerweg roundabout. You could be there too! You find out more on www.a2maastricht.nl/koninklijkbezoek. Between 29 March and 1 April all kinds of activities will take place to celebrate the symbolic opening of the Groene Loper. The activities will take place on and around the Groene Loper between Voltastraat and the roundabout at Scharnerweg. We will keep you informed on the state of accessibility.
By bicycle and on foot
We advise you to come by bicycle or on foot where possible. The Groene Loper construction site is freely accessible to pedestrians and cyclists from 29 March to 1 April. Bicycles and e-bikes can be parked in the temporary bicycle-parking facilities next to the car park on Edisonstraat. Please note that these bicycle-parking facilities are unguarded. You remain responsible for your personal belongings. Always remember to lock your bicycle.
By scooter or moped
Scooters and mopeds are not allowed on the construction site. There will be no parking facilities for scooters and mopeds. If you come to the Groene Loper by moped or scooter, you will have to park your vehicle elsewhere in the vicinity and continue further on foot.
By public transport
- If you are coming by train, it is a ten to fifteen-minute walk to Voltastraat or the Scharnerweg roundabout from Maastricht's central railway station.
- If you are coming by bus, there are various bus routes that can take you to the Scharnerweg roundabout from Maastricht's central railway station. It is best to alight at the Koningsplein bus stop. For more information, visit the Arriva website.
- If you are you coming by car, you can park for free at Stadionplein near the Geusselt football stadium.
- Alternatively, you can use one of the P+R locations at the edge of Maastricht.
- You can park for free at P+R Maastricht Noord and then take the train to Maastricht's central railway station at the regular public transport price. You can also park for free at P+R Maastricht Zuid (P5 MECC). If you take bus number 1 or 5 from there, a day return costs €2.60 per person. You can take bus number 1 or 5 to Maastricht's central railway station. From there it is a ten to fifteen-minute walk to Voltastraat or the Scharnerweg roundabout.
- You can also pay to park at De Colonel car park, P+R Station Maastricht on Parallelweg, or P+R Meerssenerweg. You can find more information on Q-park’s website.
Please visit www.a2maastricht.nl/mijlpaalgroeneloper for more information on the programme during #4dagenGroeneLoper (Four days of the Green Carpet).