Les Tables committed to sustainable development of the Maastricht city centre
Les Tables is eager to implement concrete campaigns that help improve travel to and in the city centre, with the aim of reducing CO2 emissions and contributing to a healthy living and work environment. This is why the hotel, restaurant, and bar sector association joined the ‘Maastricht Bereikbaar’ urban programme.
Making the move, together
Les Tables wants to inspire its members, visitors, locals, and other sector associations to make the move to more sustainable mobility and help create a liveable and safe city centre! In joining the Maastricht Bereikbaar urban programme, Les Tables is making the same step as Vereniging Ondernemers Centrum, Ondernemend Wyck, MECC Maastricht, Bonnefantenmuseum, Q-Park, Maastricht Marketing, and Centrummanagement.
Act of Ambition signed
On 6 February, a joint ‘Akte van Ambitie’ (ambition document) was signed. Annaline Doelen, the Les Tables board member for sustainability and innovation: ‘Our 23 members want to inspire those around them. Entrepreneurs usually benefit from sustainability in the long term, but in the short term you can contribute to visitors experiences' of hospitality, health, and safety in the city This is the common goal we are working on together.’
Director Louis Prompers: ‘We salute the entrepreneurs who want to work with us and invest in more sustainable mobility on top of what they need to do each day. Visitors these days are looking for experiences when they go to the cinema, theatre, museums; when they go to hotels, restaurants, or bars; or when they go shopping. If we can create a true experience for visitors, together we can future-proof Maastricht!’
Les Tables will work on the following campaigns in the weeks to come:
- Making it easy for visitors to get to Maastricht Using Maastricht Bereikbaar's Smart Map to inform visitors of current traffic and parking information (entrepreneurs can easily add the Smart Map to their website)
- Working on green urban logistics.
- Over a period of three months, the 23 members of Les Tables will test an ‘e-cargo bike’ and a ‘family urban Arrow bike’ as alternatives to travelling by car.
- Together with Ondernemend Maastricht, Les Tables will be the contact for Zero Emission Stadslogistiek (Zero Emissions Urban Logistics), during which ideas will be exchanged about waste collection and combined delivery of stock.
- Working towards encouraging employees of companies that are part of Les Tables to travel in eco-friendlier ways. Using a mobility scan to map where employees live and how they travel to work. Assessing alternatives such as use of public transport, P+R facilities, bicycles, and electric cars.