Pay-by-phone parking is available for on and off-street parking in Maastricht. It’s a secure, quick and efficient way to pay for parking using your mobile telephone.
How does it work?
- Register with one of the service providers (preferably via internet). Make sure you do this at home as you will have to answer questions regarding payment etc.
- Park your car.
- Activate the parking period by calling, sending an sms, using the internet on your smartphone or via the service provider’s smartphone app.
- Register the parking zone reference number that is noted on the ticket machine. The smartphone app usually locates this automatically (depending on the provider).
- Upon departure, the parking time and rate is then calculated once you confirm you have vacated the parking space (via calling, sms, internet or app). You only pay for the time you have used. The service provider will deduct the funds as per your payment agreement (e.g. monthly direct debit).
Register with one of the pay-by-parking service providers. You can choose the one that best suits your requirements. Make sure to review the terms and conditions on the service provider websites:
- ANWB: www.anwb.nl/mobielparkeren
- Parkmobile: www.parkmobile.nl
- Park-line: www.park-line.nl
- Stadsparkeren www.stadsparkeren.nl
- Yellowbrick: www.yellowbrick.nl/steden/mobiel-parkeren-in-maastricht/
- SMSParking: www.smsparking.nl
- MKB Brandstof: www.mkb-brandstof.nl
For a complete up-to-date overview, go to SHPV.
- No more struggling with kerbside parking ticket machines, and leaving a parking ticket on your dashboard is no longer necessary. The parking officers check your license plate for the validity of your parking payment.
- Fumbling with coins or credit/debit cards is also a thing of the past.
- You don’t have to worry about your allotted parking time expiring, and making the hurried dash back to your car.
- You only pay for the actual time parked in the space, based on the established parking rates. In many cases, you pay less. With meter parking, we usually put more money or time in the meter than necessary, to prevent getting a ticket.